Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ledra Beach,Paphos

Hi All





Can anybody tell me please whether there are hairdriers and toiletries in the rooms at this hotel.I%26#39;m trying not to take anything unnecessary.Thanks for any help.T.




|||



This is a 4* hotel. There will be a hairdryer and toiletries in the bathroom in the room.




|||



Thanks very much for your reply ,this forum and it%26#39;s members are so helpful,T.




|||



Just arrived back from Ledra beach early this morning.



Yes there are hairdryers (its quite powerful too) in the bathroom and pump shower gel/shampoo but no conditioner. Also pump soap by the sink.



There is a shower cap provided.




|||



Also you can hire beach towels for the pool at €10 deposit so you don%26#39;t need extra towels.



They are strict at Paphos airport on luggage weight and if you go over its €11 per kilo.



Also men need to wear jeans/trousers in the restaurant for the evening meal (ladies seem to have more leeway with 3/4 length etc)



Have a great time




|||



Thanks Ria,hope you had a good time,will you be writing a review? several people have said that it doesn%26#39;t deserve a four star rating ,would you agree,we%26#39;re going in August because we have to go during the school holidays,I imagine it will be busy then,if I could choose when to go I%26#39;d rather go before the season really starts.T.




|||



I will be doing a review - when I have sorted out some photos.





I too have to go in school hols (being a teacher) - my sister arranged her wedding there during the Easter hols because of that.



Considering it was school holidays there weren%26#39;t too many kids (and most were taken care of by the animation team).





The hotel wasn%26#39;t over crowded and only once in all the meals did we struggle to get a table for 8 in the restaurant - and that was sorted really quickly as the waiting staff immediately put tables together and before we had got a glass of wine it was done.





Unfortunately the stories of the towels on the sun beds are sadly true and even in this season we had to go out early to get beds together.





Paphos itself wasn%26#39;t that busy until you got to the harbour area - it was really busy there.





If you do decide to eat out of the hotel (not that you need to as the food is really good - I%26#39;d look around everywhere before deciding what to have - even by the dessert plates...) there is a great restaurant in the old town



http://www.kiniras.com/about_us.htm



that my sister had her reception at and we liked it so much we booked in for later in the week - warning the main dishes are lovely but massive!





I personally would find it too hot in the summer - I even got a sun allergy this week I think also due to the detergent used in the bedding! High factor cream and antihistamine cream/tablets are a must!!



Oh if you usually get bitten - take anti-mozzie stuff as we got bitten by some nasties...





It was a fab week and I would go back - but in low/mid season like now. Have a wonderful time yourself.




|||



Thanks again,Ria,I had read about the sunbed situation but,hopefully,as our friend is a very early riser,6 o%26#39;clock at the latest,we usually give her all our towels and she puts them out for us.





It was good to hear that the food is okay.





I always take antihistamines and mossie spray and plug ins ,it sounds as though we will need them.,also loads of high factor suncream and luggage scales for our cases on return.





If you think of anything else we may need ,I%26#39;ll be very happy to take your advice,thanks again,T.




|||



The review is now up. I did get a bit carried away and to say its a bit long is an understatement.



tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g190384-d315324…



I hope it helps. I really enjoyed my holiday at the Ledra Beach in Paphos (I usually go more independant to France, Italy or Belgium etc organising it all myself) and it has %26#39;inspired%26#39; me to try other new places and perhaps put my trust in the travel agents!




|||



Thanks Ria for your detailed review,it has answered lots of my questions,so glad it all went well for your sister.I%26#39;m really looking forward to going,just wish we were going sooner.T.




|||



Hi wondered if you have been to this hotel yet? We are thinking of booking but have been put off by a review saying the gym was poor. Can you let us know if you saw or used the gym please. I hope you had a fantastic time. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment