Thursday, April 19, 2012

nationalities, age and music in Ayia Napa

Hi,





I am thinking about visiting Ayia Napa in second half of August, and I am wondering about a couple of things.





1. Is there a mix of nationalities usually, or is it more like for example Crete where Chersonissos is full of Dutch, Malia is full of English, and Platanias is full of Scandinavian people? I love the Scandinavians by the way ;-).





2. I am closing in on 40, but I still love to go out. However, I prefer places with not just very young people. It would be good with a majority that is over 25 for example. Is that available in Ayia Napa in that time of year?





3. What kind of music is played in Ayia Napa? Is it just dance music, or some mainstream pop and rock as well? Prefer the latter...





Thanks so much for the info!





Nico.




|||



When you reach 40 are you house bound ? it%26#39;s not old.



Anyway I will try and answer, nationalities mainly Brits with some Irish and Scandinavians and maybe more Eastern Europeans this year. Age mix, all ages but still popular with the younger end (18).



Music no idea but it is loud with dubious lyrics and the incesant heavy bass.



It%26#39;s a tester for Napa this year, the locals believe it will not be so busy but the last two weeks of August should be full and lively.



If it gets a bit too much for you (age wise) pop along to Limassol for a game of bingo or I know a bar that plays ABBA songs all through the summer.



Enjoy.




|||



Haha, I didn%26#39;t mean I should stay home, but with %26#39;going out%26#39; I mean partying, so not just dinner and a nightcap ;-).





I found a link to a rock bar (Heaven Rock Bar) which should be good, but if it%26#39;s only 18 year olds, I don%26#39;t think it would be something for me.





Thanks for the info! Any more info is welcomed!




|||



40 is the new 30! You won%26#39;t be out of place in Napa - not everyones cup of tea but if its a loud night out you are in the right place. Early evening meal and then party until the early hours is the name of the game. No-one really cares how old you are just so long as you don%26#39;t start staying %26quot;now in my day%26quot;!!!! Have fun.




|||



What%26#39;s 47 Kath, kind answers only please.




|||



I went to ayia napa with my family the age range was youngest 10 oldest 70 .we all had a ball . There are a lot of bars outside the main square.The hotels also have entertainment.




|||



You will also see a lot of black guys and women, living it up in Ayia Napa clubs. Lots of MCs are black and it is their job to be MCs in clubs and they love it! They are really good at what they do. During the day, you%26#39;ll find them at Nissi Beach, sometimes also MCing away at the Beach Bar at Nissi Beach.



Lovely people.




|||



47 is a mere babe Leica! You are as old as you feel. I%26#39;m not sure I will ever grow up!



Kath




|||



Bedrock Inn is Karoke and that usually caters for all ages! Get me over there fast!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment